Work for Impact is a platform that includes our website (https://workforimpact.com) and the Work for Impact Time Tracking App (App) that seeks to connect skilled individuals with jobs from purposeful organisations, and nonprofits.
Who are we?
Work for Impact
6/F, The Annex, Central Plaza, 18 Harbour Road, Hong Kong
Business reg number 2837363
general inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
privacy officer: email@example.com
What information do we collect?
When you visit our website workforimpact.com we may collect:
- Information about your visit from your device (i.e., desktop, mobile, etc.);
- Store cookies and similar technologies on your device and browser or try to reach out in some way;
- Store your first name and email when you reach out via blog, Work for Impact Community or newsletter signup;
- Store your message that you send us through contact forms and privacy inquiries;
- The feedback you share with us via the feedback form or email;
- If you participate in prize draws, surveys or competitions we may ask for your email and additional personal information
When you register as a Freelancer or a Client, we may, at any time, collect your:
- First Name and Last Name
- Profile picture and title
- Location (including mailing or street address)
- Email address
- Profession, occupation or job title
- List of your Clients and Freelancers
- Freelancer level and Client score
- Project History and Feedback
- Employment and Education
- Impact goals and personal goals
- Work categories and verified skills (which may contain verification videos)
- Your Freelancer rating
- Verification status (Freelancers need to verify their identity and degree through a third party verification service)
- Languages you speak
- Completed Tests
- Finance Account Verification
- The feedback you receive/give from/to a Freelancer or Client
- Payment information (zip code, country or region, IBAN Billing, Tax, Invoice)
- Timesheet (collected from Freelancer)
- Delivery milestones (collected from Freelancer)
- Payment method (currently we use Stripe and Payoneer) · Information collected automatically when you enter our website www.workforimpact.com;
- IP address
- Device information (proxy server, operating system, web browser, and add-ons, device identifier and features, cookie IDs and/or ISP, or your mobile carrier)
- Details of the products and services you have procured from us or which you have enquired about
- Other technical information regarding your use of our Services
How do we use personal information?
We collect information from your website visits to understand better how you found us. For this reason, we may analyze the date you visited our website and search engines that may have led you to our website. We also collect this information to improve and enhance the functionality and security of workforimpact.com and to get insights into our business practices.
If you choose to leave your name and email address, we may use this information to get in touch with you to answer your messages and to keep you up to date with our development and updates. We also encourage you to send us feedback and tell us about your experience with our Services. Our blog and community may also collect personal information in accordance with this policy.
Your emails and testimonials can be used for our marketing campaigns, targeted advertisements and analysis with your consent. We may also send you administrative notices or invoices.
If you decide to join our platform as a Client or a Freelancer we will use your information to provide you with our Services. This will enable us to help you resolve any issues, develop better user experience, assist with any disputes that may arise from a Freelancer services contract and secure your profile and data. This will also facilitate the registration and login process.
We may reach out to you with a business proposal or request if we feel we have a legitimate interest in doing so. You can always object to our advances and we will respect your objection and cease contacting you in relation to these matters.
Transparency is one of the most important features of our Service. For the benefit of our Freelancers and Clients, we offer identity verification through our third party service provider. We also offer to Freelancers the ability to verify skills through our trusted vendors. Personal information collected to verify identity and skills is used for that purpose only.
In rare cases, we may use your personal information to respond to legal requests or to prevent harm from happening to us, other users or yourself. We may disclose your personal information where we believe it is necessary to prevent, investigate, or uncover a potential breach of our policies or suspected fraud. Also, if there is a situation involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
We may use your personal information if we are legally required to do so (e.g. if we need to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process). We will endeavour to notify you of such a requirement beforehand.
We may use your personal information in an anonymized form to create reports, perform analysis, monitor trends, better our Services, develop new features and for other legitimate business purposes. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
What legal basis do we have for processing your information?
We may approach you with special offers or upgrades based on our legitimate business interest if we feel you may benefit from such offers. You can always refuse, and we will not approach you in the future with similar offers if you refuse. If we contact you for some other legitimate reason we will clearly state our intent and respect your wishes as your inform us.
Local law and regulations govern the use of personal information including in respect of taxation and labour. We may need to process your personal information to comply with such requirements.
When do we share personal data?
We may share your personal information with our service providers, consultants, and third parties if they perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such data to do that work. Examples include payment processors, data analytics, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, freelancers, community platforms, and marketing tools. We may use third party tracking technologies on the Services, which will enable those third parties to collect data about how you interact with the Services over time.
We may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
We will never sell your data. Furthermore, we will not use a service provider or a tool that in our view presents a substantial risk of misusing your data. Our staff members are trained in privacy matters and have signed confidentiality agreements. Our service providers are carefully chosen and have all signed data processing agreements that protect and limit their use of personal information. In our current list of service providers, you will find links to their Privacy statements. Please review them before accessing their service through our platform integration.
Payments Stripe: https://stripe.com/privacy
Transactional emails Sendgrid: https://www.twilio.com/legal/privacy
Identity Verification Sumsub: https://sumsub.com/terms-of-use/
Integrated chat solution CometChat: https://www.cometchat.com/legal-privacy-policy
Calls and Video CometChat: https://www.cometchat.com/legal-privacy-policy
Backend Heroku: https://www.heroku.com/policy/salesforce-heroku-msa
Customer Service FAQ Helpdocs: https://support.workforimpact.com/hc/en-us
Marketing Facebook Pixel: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
Google Analytics: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US
Community platform CircleCo: https://app.circle.so/privacy
Information about the transfer of personal data.
Your information may be collected and processed in the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland, the United States, Canada, Australia, Hong Kong, or any other country in which our service providers or we maintain offices and facilities. Such countries may have laws that are different and potentially not as protective as the laws of your own country.
Whenever we share personal information originating in the EEA or Switzerland, we use suitable safeguards (Standard Contractual Clauses developed by the European Commission, EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks).
If you reside in the EEA, Switzerland or other regions with Law governing data transfers, please note that you agree to the transfer of your Personal Information to the United States and other jurisdictions in which we operate. To protect your privacy and security, we may ask you to verify your identity before complying with the request.
Right to file a complaint with your Data Protection Authority - You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Please contact your local data protection authority for more information.
How long do we keep your information?
We will keep your information as long as you are:
- subscribed to our newsletter or blog, and you frequent our website. If you notify us that you wish to unsubscribe, as soon as possible following receipt of your notice we will delete your data from our systems.
- hold an active Freelancer or Client account with us. We will contact you when your account becomes inactive (for example you are no longer conducting transactions, engaging with job postings or using Work for Impact Community) and ask you if you would like to keep your profile or have it deleted. If you do not respond, we will permanently delete your profile in 90 days.
- a website or App user or visitor, and we have a lawful reason to keep your information. This may happen due to reasons such as: unpaid invoices, disputes with other users or Work for Impact, us defending our rights or assisting you in protecting your rights.
- a current or past user of the website or App, and we need to keep your payment and tax information to comply with applicable laws.
- as long as you accept our cookies or until cookies expire. Some cookies are permanent and are used for fraud detection based on our legitimate interests.
We will not keep personal information longer than it is necessary or reasonable.
Your rights concerning personal information
You have the right to access your personal information. You can request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (details below) and we will work to provide you with a suitable means of access (such as emailing it to you) within 30 days from your request. If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others, or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal and advise you on how to make a complaint.
You have the right to file a complaint with us. If you believe your privacy has been breached by us, you can contact us using the contact information below and provide the details of your complaint so we can investigate it. We will endeavour to resolve all investigations within a reasonable time. Our representatives will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
If you reside in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, you have additional rights available to you under the GDPR and your Applicable Law, including:
- right to access - you have the right to know if we collect and process your personal information.
- right of erasure - you can request that we delete your personal information. We reserve the right to refuse if we must keep your information for record-keeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations, among other purposes.
- right to object to and restrict processing - you can always opt out from receiving further emails from us by clicking the unsubscribe link located in each email we send you. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or unlawfully held, you can request (details below) that
- we restrict the processing of your personal information until you take appropriate legal actions or provide us with correct data.
- right to data portability - you can request that we provide you with a copy of your information in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format.
- right to file a complaint with your Data Protection Authority - you also have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Please contact your local data protection authority for more information.
If you want to exercise your rights or receive additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We take a number of steps to ensure that the data we collect from our users is secure. All access to the Work for Impact website, App and any sensitive information we collect, is encrypted using industry-standard transport layer security technology (TLS). This ensures that any information we collect from our users is secure and can’t be read by listening to network data packets.
Our network is protected through the use of sophisticated firewalls, DDoS mitigation techniques, spoofing, and sniffing protections, and other security measures.
Our physical infrastructure is hosted and managed within Amazon’s secure data centers and we utilize the Amazon Web Service (AWS) technology. This ensures our database remains safe and secure at all times.
There is no bulletproof method for protecting data and we cannot guarantee that personal information will not be accessed, disclosed, modified, or destroyed by a data breach of any of our physical, technical, or administrative safeguards. If we suffer a data breach that is likely to result in a high risk to your privacy, rights, and freedoms, we will inform you without undue delay and work with data protection authorities and privacy experts on the data breach mitigation.
Social Media Features
Our Policy Toward Children
Our website and App is not directed at children under the age of eighteen. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of eighteen on our website or App. If we become aware that we have received personal information from a visitor under the age of eighteen, we will delete the information from our records.
We may periodically update this policy, so we advise you to visit this page from time to time to receive updates. Previous versions of this policy will be available here.