Work for impact is a platform that seeks to connect skilled individuals with jobs solely from socially and environmentally responsible organisations, and nonprofits.
2. Who are we?
Work for Impact
4th floor, 3 Pacific Place
1 Queen's Road East, Hong Kong
Business reg number 2837363
general inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
privacy officer: email@example.com
3. What information do we collect?
When you use our website workforimpact.com we may collect:
- Information about your visit from your device (i.e. desktop, mobile, etc.);
- Store cookies and similar technologies on your device and browser or try to reach out in some way;
- Store your first name an email when you reach out via newsletter signup; and
- Store your message that you send us through contact forms.
4. How do we use personal information?
We collect this information to understand better how you found us. For this reason, we may analyse the date you visited our website and search engines that may have led you to our website. We also collect this information to improve and enhance the functionality and security of workforimpact.com and to get insights into our business practices.
If you choose to leave your name and email address we may use this information to get in touch with you, to answer your messages and to keep you up to date with our development and launch date. Your emails can be used for our marketing campaigns and analysis with your consent.
5. What legal basis do we have for processing your information?
When we process your personal information, we are following all applicable privacy laws. This means that we will always ask for your consent when we want to contact you or track you with cookies and pixels. You are free to withdraw your consent at any time by visiting our cookie preference option or by clicking on the unsubscribe link found in our every email.
6. When do we share personal data?
We will never sell or misuse your data. Furthermore, we will never use a service provider or a tool that might misuse your data. Our staff members are trained in privacy matters and have signed confidentiality agreements.
Our current list of service providers whit whom we may share your information:
Google Analytics: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US
7. Information about the transfer of personal data.
Your information may be collected and processed in the EEA, Switzerland, the United States, Canada, Australia, Hong Kong or any other country in which our service providers or we maintain offices and facilities. Such countries may have laws which are different, and potentially not as protective, as the laws of your own country.
Whenever we share personal information originating in the EEA or Switzerland, we use suitable safeguards (Standard Contractual Clauses developed by the European Commission, EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks).
If you reside in the EEA, Switzerland or other regions with Law governing data transfers, please note that you agree to the transfer of your Personal Information to the United States and other jurisdictions in which we operate.
8. How long do we keep your information?
We will keep your information as long as you are subscribed to our newsletter and you frequent our website. As soon as you unsubscribe we will delete your data from our systems. We will never keep personal information without longer than it is necessary or reasonable.
9. Your rights concerning personal information
If you reside in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, you have additional rights available to you under the GDPR and your Applicable Law, including:
- Right to access - You have the right to know if we collect and process your personal information.
- Right of erasure - You can request that we delete your personal information. We reserve the right to refuse if we must keep your information for record-keeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations, among other things.
- Rights to object and restrict Processing - You can always opt-out from receiving further emails from us by clicking the unsubscribe link located in each email. If you believe that the Personal Information, we hold about you is inaccurate or unlawfully held you can request that we restrict processing of your personal information until you take appropriate legal actions or provide us with correct data.
- Right to data portability - You can request that we provide you with a copy of your information in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format. To protect your privacy and security, we may ask you to verify your identity before complying with the request.
- Right to file a complaint with your Data Protection Authority - You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Please contact your local data protection authority for more information.
If you want to exercise your rights or receive additional information contact:
10. Third Parties
11. Social Media Features
12. Our Policy Toward Children
This website is not directed at children under the age of eighteen. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of eighteen on our website. If we become aware that we have received personal information from a visitor under the age of eighteen, we will delete the information from our records.
We may periodically update this policy, so we advise you to visit this page from time to time to receive updates.
14. Contacting Us
To make this site work properly, we may store cookies (and other technologies, like pixels and beacons) on your device.
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It allows the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size, and other display preferences). This way, you don't have to keep re-entering them whenever you return to the site.
For more information, please visit AllAboutCookies.org
Cookies can be "First Party," when we run them, or "Third Party" when they are run on your device by a third party when you browse our website. Our website cannot access third-party cookies, nor can other parties access the data in the cookies we use on our website. Cookies are stored for different durations of time on your browser or device.
Session cookies are deleted from your device when you close your web browser.
Persistent cookies will remain on your device until deleted or until they reach their expiry date.
We use tracking pixels to improve or customise our website. Pixels give us the count number of clicks/users/visitors. Our website may contain third party pixel that might let them set or read cookies on your device. This pixel will help us determine the success of our campaigns and website functionalities.
We may use marketing Pixels, such as Facebook and Google AdWords Remarketing Tag, to measure the effectiveness of our ads, to define custom audiences for ad targeting, for dynamic ads campaigns, and to analyse that effectiveness of our website's conversion funnels. Please refer to the chart located below where you will find the option to opt-in/out of these technologies.
What are cookies?
How to control cookies
You can delete all cookies that are already on your device, and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, some services and functionalities may not work on this website.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer's website.
To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You can turn off third-party cookies generated by advertisers by going to the Your Online Choices site. You can also visit the trade body representing these advertising platforms for more information: Network Advertising Initiative.
© 2019 WFI® Inc.