Senior Economist/Statistician, PhD in Economics, with 25 years experience in Inequalities, Poverty and Social Protection Analyses, Economic Policy Design and Statistic Surveys, Technical assistance in publics statistics development;
• Capacity building: (a) Technical assistance aiming at capacity building in data collection and management in Gambia (b) Strengthen the dialogue among producers and users of publics statistics; (c) Coaching the staff and organizing trainings on statistics techniques and tools (SPSS, STATA, TABLEAU, etc);
• Data collection and management: design and analysis of surveys including household consumption (Burundi, Haïti, Senegal), willingness to Pay for Water (Burundi), Microfinance Demand (Sierra Leone), Employer and graduate (Rwanda), opinion on security and Justice (Chad), etc;
• Poverty and Social protection analysis : (a) Assessment of poverty profile (Burundi, Senegal, Cabo Verde) and analysis of Poverty dynamic in France (exit and Entry), (b) Analysis of the baseline survey of the social protection net (Senegal, Burundi), (c) Assess the impact of the French Mean Tested benefit to job access, (d) analysis of the relationship between social protection and poverty in Europe,;
• Experience of institutional development: (a) Design and development of the legal statistics system in Burundi including the creation of the legal statistics service, design of the tools for data collection and management, design of the main publications frame, recruitment and coaching of the staff; (b) Restructuration of the Statistics unit in the National Agency for Employement in Togo including identification of data to be collected, design of the staff profiles and coaching to the staff, (c) Design the GANEREC (to support the statistics units in the Burundi ministries) that is a program aiming at enhancing capacities of young civil servants in data analysis for the Monitoring & Evaluation of the main policies implementation (PRSP, MDG, HIPC);
• Contribution to projects design: (a) Identification of indicators for Budget support project on Food Security (SANAD) in Senegal, (b) Develop statistics projects aiming at improving existing statistics: Statistics on tourism flow, Consumption Price Index (CPI) using scanner data, Road traffic measurement including data collection & management, (c) Assessment of proposals for EU funds request;
• Monitoring & Evaluation: (a) Coordinate the Diagnostics of sector statistics in Burundi, (b) Assess the Senegalese statistics system for the health programme monitoring, (c) Assess the Secondary data used for food security and nutrition analysis (2012), (d) Participate to the development of the monitoring tools for the NSDS (National Strategy for the Development of Statistics) and coordinate the DQAF development (Data Quality Assessment Framework) in the Gambia, design the monitoring tool in Niger.
• Teaching including «Econometrics of Qualitative Variables» in university and Statistics methods, techniques and tools to public service staff.